An Ending

I haven't been very good at keeping a record of my dreams; the whole purpose of this blog was to write down every dream I had, but even downloading Dreamboard has proved pointless (no fault of theirs), because when I awake, I am either too tired to start documenting or have to get ready for work with no time to spare.

So it all falls by the wayside.

In fairness, I also thought I had deleted this blog!!

However, as I am sitting here trying to distract myself from thoughts of tonight's performance and how/if I am going to find another job, I thought I would make a note of a dream I had quite a few years ago, possibly around the time I was going to Uni from 2010.  It is a dream that disturbed me at the time and, although I have never had the dream repeat, it has haunted me ever since.

It was quite short and the first thing I remember is being on the deck of a Navy ship.  The skies were clear, the sea calm and the temperature warm.  There were perhaps around a dozen or so people on deck, all spread out in their own little worlds and all of us looking port-side (I believe) at a rugged coastline; it was a coastline you might see overseas, light sand and rocks, sparse vegetation and incredibly blue seas.

All of us were looking for only a few seconds, each in our own world of sadness (though I got the impression we had been there for a while, waiting), when there was a flash and a bright mushroom cloud developed in the distance, over the land.  At that point, I woke up rather upset as it felt incredibly real, so I have no idea where we were, what triggered the event, how many people were affected, or anything.

With recent events in the world, this has been a hard dream to shake off and dismiss.

I just wish those in power would stop their posturing, playground fights and power struggles, and just grow the f*** up.  In the grand scheme of things, they are a blip in the progression of humanity and their own self-importance will become irrelevant once they have passed, so why not work together and be remembered as a proponent of progression instead of destruction?

We have the skills and technology, so why not the civility?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start With A Bang

Restless