Ugly Duckling

Okay, since my last post I have had a couple of disturbing dreams that I think it would be best I didn't mention: some dreams are best left to fade away!

Instead, I'll talk about last night's semi-cute dream.

I'm not sure where I was, but there were two ducklings in dire straights, having apparently lost their mother and siblings on a nearby road, running around the edge of a car park which was just the other side of a hillock that came up from the road.

To prevent them going back into the road, my friend and I tried to get between them, but one of the ducklings apparently came to a sticky end whilst the other decided it was going to fly away (I'm not entirely sure how, as it's not a strong skill when they're effectively a fuzzy, soft toy).  However, physics got the better of it and it came crashing down into the road on it's back, at which point I managed to pick it up before the next car came along, its white chest and belly damp from the rain and quite limp in my hands.

The last thing I remember was cupping it in my hands against my chest, it's head tucked down against it, with the dark gray fluff of its back showing little sign of breathing ... I get the feeling it wasn't in the best of states but I have no idea if it survived, because that's when I awoke.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ending

Start With A Bang

Restless