Start With A Bang

Over the years, I've had some pretty vivid dreams that have left me a little uneasy when I've woken up, some of which have stayed with me ... especially the ones that involve warfare.  As such, I figured it was about time I started to record some of this stuff; my main blog is already full of enough crap without bunging it up further with the kind of stuff that would make folk think I was off my tits on something, hence this new rambling realm to record it all in.

So, to kick things off, the first dream I'm going to post about is a short-and-sweet one from a couple of nights ago...

I'm not entirely sure of the location, but I was with my sister in what felt like her home (though not her current home), when there was a massive bang from outside.  Curious to know the cause, I went to take a look and was confronted by what can only be described as blackened desolation just across the valley; something catastrophic had just hit.  Then I noticed that there was a near-transparent wall of flame rapidly approaching.

As anybody would in a situation like this, I grabbed my sister by the arm (though I'm not entirely sure that it was her any more, it may be that it was my sister's place but I was with another girl: whoever she was, she was wearing a red cardigan), and we both turned to run but were quickly overtaken by the flames.  I say overtaken rather than engulfed because the flames passed us, alighting on bushes and such and surrounded us, but there was no pain, so I'm not sure if it actually engulfed us or not.

The interesting thing about the flames here was that they were not like you would see on a bonfire, they were pretty much transparent with the wave front having a red a orange tinge, a little trail of blue behind and you could easily see through it.  Also interesting is the fact that whilst there was desolation in the distance, where the flame was catching hold of bushes, trees and the like, nothing actually seemed to be burning.

Needless to say, at the point where we were caught up in the fiery avalanche, I woke up.

So, a nice cheerful start to this blog!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Ending

Restless